Benefits of Marine Phytoplankton
"Marine Phytoplankton is an ideal food for mankind. It's Mother Earth's milk from the ocean. The research we are designing at the University of Utah Medical School testing the health benefits of Marine Phytoplankton is very exciting and promising".- Hugo Rodier, MD, Nutritional professor at University of Utah Medical School
Over reliance on land-based food sources often leads to deficiencies in micronutrients and trace elements. Our bodies need these elements to perform as nature intended. Left to its own devices, the human body has a marvelous system called homeostasis which keeps all systems in balance. Take away some critical component and the body experiences malfunctions that cause suboptimal performance. Too many malfunctions cause disease.
"The future of nutrition is found in the oceans" - Jacques Costeau
Marine phytoplankton provides a rare and complete food that gives the body virtually all of the raw materials that it needs, in one single source, to produce healthy new cells and nero-chemicals for the body and the brain.
Phytonutrients are exhibit potentially promising effects in human physiology.
- General Nutrition- Contains ultra-potent lipids to enhance brain function
- Cardiovascular Health - Supports a healthy heart
- Cholesterol - Clinically tested to reduce cholesterol
- Blood Sugars - Stabilizes blood sugar levels
- Neurological Support - Mental alertness, ADHD, Parkinson's, and general dementia
- Joint Health - Relieves pain and inflammation
- Skin Care - Psoriasis & Dermatitis
- Vision - More effective than Lutein
- Liver Health - Supports a healthy liver
- Sleep - Supports good sleeping habits
- Energy - Increases energy & vitality
Eating closer to the base of the food web (primary producers), transfers more energy and nutrients to you. It is reassuring to know that a microscopic but highly powerful organism like marine phytoplankton contains the positive energy that we need to thrive, despite the hazards of environmental toxicity, stress and nutrient-depleted food.
Marine phytoplankton provides a rare and complete food that gives the body virtually all of the raw materials that it needs, in one single source, to produce healthy new cells and nero-chemicals for the body and the brain. Phytoplankton have an alkaline pH which is what you want to combat the disease producing effects of acidity. (Cancer grows in an acid environment).
Tom Harper had a wonderful first hand experience in learning how marine phytoplankton can benefit the human body. You read Tom Harper's experience here in this newspaper clipping.
Current Studies on Marine Phytoplankton
Clinical trials of UMAC are currently underway at the University of Manitoba, Canada. The Richardson Centre for Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals at the University of Manitoba is involved in conducting numerous clinical trials to investigate the effects of functional food and nutraceutical products on human health and wellness.
Recently ForeverGreen has received the preliminary findings of a recently completed double-blind medical study of the benefits of marine phytoplankton to humans.
Scientific evidence has proven one of the key ingredients in ForeverGreen’s FrequenSea, concentrated marine phytoplankton, does in fact benefit humans who consume the product.
The initial study was conducted by the Department of Health Promotion and Education at the university of Utah to determine the impact of concentrated marine phytoplankton on human health indicators.
The study was a double blind placebo conducted over a three month period with the groups being clinically tested three times, and tested five times with psychospiritual assessment tools. The study determined three areas showing significant results for those taking marine phytoplankton:
- A significant increase in the CD3 measures. CD3 is an indicator of the presence of T-Lymphocytes which are primarily responsible for the elimination of internally manufactured antigens (viruses, bacteria, etc.) in living tissue.
- Significant increase in scores on the emotional subscale of the SF36, a health survey used to determine functional health and well-being.
- Increase in scores on the Authentic Happiness Inventory, an instrument developed by Dr. Martin Seligman, Director of Penn State University Positive Psychology Center. Inquires included good moods, feeling successful, ability to focus, filled with joy, pride, enthusiasm, and optimism.